Make sure your NAEOP Membership is current so you can be nominated for office and vote.
Nominations are now open for President-Elect and Treasurer. Position descriptions are listed below for each position based on the bylaws.
The President-Elect shall:
- Serve as the Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors.
- Serve on COE Board of Directors.
- Serve as the Regional Fair Share Coordinator.
- Serve as an advisory or consulting member to all committees.
- In his/her absence, serve as the Association Parliamentarian.
- Assume the duties and responsibilities of the President in the event that the President is absent or becomes incapacitated or in the event of the resignation of the President.
Incapacitation shall be determined by the Board of Directors or in the event of the resignation of the President.
- The President-Elect shall assume the office of President at the completion of the annual fall conference after the annual fall conference at which he/she was elected President-Elect.
The Treasurer shall:
- Collect membership fees and other monies as required.
- Maintain accurate records regarding expenditures, fees collected, and/or provide other data as required by the association.
- Provide a full and accurate financial statement for distribution at the annual fall conference.
- Chair the Finance Committee.
- File income tax returns with Idaho and the IRS.
Directed by the NAEOP Board, the nominating committee is not soliciting nominations at this time for the Community Partner Position due to anticipated changes in the job description of the Community Partner. It is anticipated that a proposal for changes to the bi-laws for the Community Partner position will be presented to the NAEOP membership on October 19th.
This is an exciting opportunity not only to serve the region but also for professional development. The term of office begins at the conclusion of the 2016 NAEOP conference in Boise, ID on October 19. The newly elected officers should plan to attend the NAEOP Board Meeting October 14th – 15 in Boise.
If you are interested in a position or want to nominate someone, use the link below.
Nominations will be accepted until 5pm on August 31st. Voting begins September 14th and Closes on September 21st 5PM PT.
Have questions? Please feel free to contact, Sebastian Myrick, Past-President at 206.934.6474.
Each year NAEOP membership elects a new slate of officers for installation during the annual conference. The board is currently structured as follows:
- Past President
- Community Partner Chair
- Government Relations
- Friends of NAEOP
Election of these positions is staggered to avoid having a completely new board. For this reason we accept nominations according to the following schedule:
Even years: President-Elect, Treasurer, Community Partner Chair
Odd years: President-Elect, Secretary
All NAEOP members will have a chance to vote on the “at-large” positions of President-Elect, Secretary, Treasurer and Community Partner Chair. State Officers are the duly elected presidents of their respective states and not voted on by the NAEOP membership as per by-law changes in December 2007. All four State Presidents in the region serve on the Council’s board and travel to meetings in December, May, and September. Government Relations and Parliamentarian are appointed to the board.
Please consider leadership positions in NAEOP. The rewards are great, and you’ll gain an inside understanding of how NAEOP, COE, and the Department of Education work. You are strongly encouraged to nominate yourself for a position. The experience will broaden your perspective in TRIO and allow you even greater opportunity to effect changes in our region. All candidates must have their statements sent in advance to the Chair of the Nominations Committee (the Past President) for online elections.